- Access to exclusive networking and programs including more than a dozen Committees and Working Groups which any member of the Guild can freely join at any time. Current groups are listed here.
- Access to dozens of educational programs and resources each year - in person and virtual. More on Contract Services below.
- Job Bulletins that match your skill and background through Hire PGA, a concierge service for employers. More below.
- Access to our One-on-One PGA Mentoring program. Find a mentor or be a mentor!
- Access to regular networking opportunities such as our in-person and virtual Member Mingles and Monthly Happy Hour in LA, NY, Atlanta, DC, and San Francisco.
- Access to our exclusive Slack Workspace, accessible only to PGA members.
- Access to digital screeners during awards season on our dedicated platform, Producers Guild Screeners.
- Voting privileges in the prestigious Producers Guild Awards.
- Exclusive discounts on industry services and events. More below.
- Year-round invitations to pre-release screenings and Q&As (predominantly in LA and NY when in person).
- Free access to the majority of PGA events.
- Discounts on PGA events like the Produced By conferences.
- Complimentary subscription to Produced By magazine. More below.
- Affiliation with a valuable network of working professionals in film, television and emerging media.
A note on health insurance
PGA has engaged advisors over several years to vet our explorations of different group health plans. Unfortunately, after one or two years, each has proven challenging due to changes in insurance laws or prohibitive costs. This remains a priority.
Some members are eligible for employer-paid medical coverage as well as pension in the Motion Picture Industry Pension and Health Plan.
At the start of the pandemic, we launched Hire PGA in collaboration with the Employment Committee in an effort to help get members back to work as quickly as possible. Since our launch in October 2020, we’ve shared well over 150 job listings. Some positions that have been shared with members in recent months include:
- Lecturer, Producing and Management, Film & TV @ Boston University
- Head Booker / Senior Producer @ Tamron Hall Show
- Production Coordinator @ The 700 Club - Virginia Beach, VA
- Producer @ WMTW-TV
- Production Coordinator, Independent Lens @ ITVS
Contract Services Administration Training Trust Fund Safety Pass (CSATF) classes
The Safety Pass Program was conceived by the Motion Picture and Television Industry-Wide Labor-Management Safety Committee as a means of addressing the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's requirements that employees be trained in the safe use of equipment and work practices on their job. Because of the freelance nature of many motion picture and television assignments, the Safety Pass Program provides valuable assistance in meeting the training needs of the Industry by providing industry-wide general safety training.
Topics addressed in classes include: general and environmental safety; communicating hazards; navigating locations and heights; safety with tools, firearms, pathogens, confined space, and noise; harassment prevention.
Discounts on Services and Events
PGA members receive member exclusive discounts to a variety of services and industry events. Current services available to members include: IMDb Pro; foreign exchange solutions with Corpay; special rates on flights with Delta, hotels with Preferred, and rental cars with Budget; software tools to help with project management and expenses; trade publications like Variety and The Hollywood Reporter; various film festivals and conventions.
Produced By magazine
Our quarterly magazine, Produced By, is available in a physical and digital format. If a member opts in, a copy will be sent to their address. Digitally, the magazine is available here.
Are you already a member? If so, you can log in and access a more detailed list of current benefits and programs.