The Producers Guild provides O-1 and O-2 consultation letters to experienced and qualified producers in the motion picture and television industries. The USCIS website describing O-1 and O-2 visas may be found here.
Requests for O-1 and O-2 consultation letters are submitted to the Guild via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit your request, please complete the Consultation Letter Form and submit the following materials:
- Consultation Letter Form
- I-129 form and supporting documents (e.g. deal memo(s), itinerary of engagements)
- Resume identifying (1) the beneficiary’s producing credits within the last 10 years, (2) the specific dates of production and distribution, (3) the run-time for each production, and (4) IMDB page or other URL for each production for which the visa beneficiary received producing credits
- Supporting documentation to demonstrate the beneficiary satisfies the applicable evidentiary criteria, such as:
- For O-1 petitions, evidence of the beneficiary’s demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in motion picture and/or television productions (e.g. evidence of awards and nominations, receipt of the Producers Mark (p.g.a.) on a specific motion picture, and other forms of recognition for achievements);
- For O-2 petitions based on a long-standing working relationship, evidence of the length and nature of the working relationship between the O-1 and O-2 beneficiaries;
- For O-2 petitions based on continuity of production, evidence that significant production has commenced abroad and that the O-2 beneficiary has been sufficiently involved in that production such that their continuing participation is essential to its successful completion.
- Proof of payment (e.g. copy of check if paid by check)
Please submit all required materials to email@example.com. Only complete and properly submitted requests will be processed.
There is no specific time in which a consultation letter is issued, though the PGA attempts to issue a consultation letter within fourteen (14) business days of receiving a complete application. However, some applications require additional time to review. After (14) fourteen business days, petitioners may inquire as to the status of their consultation letter by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
$600 USD - Consultation Fee* HERE
* please note that a portion of this consultation fee is a non-refundable (see below)
There is no fee for members of the Producers Guild of America.
In addition to the O-1 request, there is no additional fee to process up to four (4) O-2 requests if they are for the same production. Five (5) or more O-2 consultation letter requests will require an additional consultation fee.
PGA can accept payment by credit card (HERE) and by physical check. If submitting payment by check, the PGA can only accept checks that come through a lawyer or law firm. PGA cannot accept personal checks directly from the beneficiary.
Checks must be payable to Producers Guild of America, Inc. and sent by FedEx or UPS to: Attn: 01-02 Advisory Letters, Producers Guild of America, 11150 W. Olympic Blvd., Ste. 980, Los Angeles, CA 90064.
It is your responsibility to review the consultation letter and notify us in a timely fashion if you believe it contains an error. We will not correct letters after 60 days following issuance without requiring payment of a new consultation fee.
If we are unable to issue a consultation letter, PGA staff will contact the submitter and provide the reason(s) why. Please note that the issuance of a prior consultation letter is not taken into account when considering new requests and does not guarantee a new consultation letter will be provided. *We will retain a $100 processing fee and reverse payment for the remainder of the consultation fee.