TheWrap's Power Women Summit
December 5, 2023
Join the essential gathering of the most influential women across entertainment and media on Tuesday, December 5. Get uplifted by inspiring women with an all-access pass to keynotes, panels, workshops, networking, live podcasts, performances, a luncheon, and a cocktail party to close out the day.
Infinity Festival 2023 – LA
November 1-4, 2023
The Infinity Festival is a unique opportunity to network, learn, and be inspired by industry leaders and innovators. Don't miss out on this exceptional event. Event highlights include AI LAB Presented by NVIDIA and HP on Friday, November 3rd; So Cal Women's Leadership Summit Produced In Association with Women In Technology Hollywood (WiTH) on Friday, November 3rd; and the World Premiere of Behind The Scenes - Barbie on Thursday, November 2nd.
PGA members can simply use the ticket code IF2023Guilds during the registration process to unlock a special discounted rate of 50% off. Learn more and register here.
Virtual Production Accelerator – LA
October 10 · 9am - October 13 · 5pm PDT
The disguise Virtual Production Accelerator program begins with online learning and a hands-on classroom phase. After completion, trainees will be immersed onto a real world production, providing on-set learning in both pre-production and post-production environments.
This program will teach you the fundamentals of storytelling, game engine basics and virtual production. Your skill sets will level up as the course progresses to more advanced concepts, such as color management, data recording and VAD integration.
PGA members receive 50% discount with the following link:
The 2023 Sustainable Production Forum
- What: Complete details, speaker list, agendas, etc. can be read here Sustainable Production Forum
- Toronto, ON | Monday, September 25th
- Vancouver, BC | Wednesday, October 18th
- Virtual programming | Thursday, October 26th
- Who: SPF23 will feature high-profile keynotes, fireside chats, moderated panels, skill building, and SPF Vendor Chats.
- Why: The Sustainable Production Forum is a global hybrid conference focused on accelerating sustainability in the motion picture industry. Finding solutions and pushing boundaries to accelerate decarbonization will have a significant impact in our sector and the creative industries at large. SPF23 gathers the innovators, changemakers, and provocateurs, who intend to do it.
- Go to the SPF Community Eventbrite page.
- Select the event that you would like to attend and click on Get Tickets.
- Enter the PGA promo code SPF23PGA20 and click APPLY.
- Register with the name and email address of who will be attending the event (max 2 per order).
- Watch for an email on Sept 11 inviting you to set up your personal profile in the Swapcard conference platform, where you will be able to view the agenda and session information.
NYFF STANDARD INDUSTRY ACCESS ($375 Reg. Price)
Special offer code for 20% off - COMMUNITY61
- Standard Access to official NYFF Press & Industry Screenings
- An Invitation to the official NYFF Industry Reception
- Invitations to special in-person events throughout the festival (subject to
- Member-priced tickets for public NYFF screenings
- Complimentary Membership to Film at Lincoln Center for one year at the
- Daily accredited industry Digest emails and updates from the ISO
To learn more about the NYFF Industry Access credential please click here
to begin your application today!
The Industry Services Team reminds you that all applications are reviewed on a rolling, first come, first served basis. Please note that application to the program does not guarantee you a spot in the program.
To claim your discounted Standard Industry badge, please follow these steps:
- Click here to begin this year’s application through Eventival. If you did not apply for accreditation for last year's festival, please create an Eventival account.
- If you applied for last year's festival, please log in to your existing Eventival account (if you can't remember your password, please click "I forgot my password" rather than creating a new account). If your email address has changed since last year, please create a new account.
- Once you are signed in to your Eventival account, follow the links in the left-hand column to create and/or update your Personal Profile and Contact Information. Be sure you have uploaded a clear headshot for your badge.
- Next, click on Accreditation and select the Standard Industry badge.
- Fill out all required fields in the form and click Buy Now.
- Under Discount Code, enter the following: COMMUNITY61
*Discount Code expires Monday, August 21st at 5PM EST. Standard Industry and Industry+ accreditation applications close Monday, August 28th at 5PM EST.
- Lastly, with the above code in the field, click Pay by Stripe. You should be directed to a new confirmation page with the following message: "Your discount code has been applied."
The Grill 2023
- What: Complete details, speaker list, agendas, etc. can be read here The Grill
- Locations: Los Angeles, CA | Wednesday, October 4th | 1 Hotel West Hollywood - (here)
- Who: The Grill will feature moderated panels and skill building sessions on topics ranging from content creation to artificial intelligence and big data.
- Why: Join The Wrap at The Grill for conversations on the convergence between entertainment, media, and technology. The Grill brings together founders, creatives, CEOs, and executive leaders to debate the challenges and opportunities facing content in the digital age.
- Register: https://thegrill2023.splashthat.com/
- Before August 15th, use code EARLY50 for 50% off.
- After August 15th, use code PGA20 for 20% off all tickets for PGA members.
Submit your features, shorts, docs, web series, music videos and other work to YoFi Fest.
Link to Submit: https://filmfreeway.com/YoFiFest
PGA members receive 20% off their submission fee when submitting their films to the festival before the August 26th deadline.
PGA Discount Code: PGA23
Los Angeles, CA
September 28 - October 1, 2023
PGA members receive 20% off tickets.
PGA Discount Code: FOOTAGE20
DANCES WITH FILMS (DWF:LA)
June 22 thru July 2, 2023
LA's largest and longest running true indie festival is proud to offer PGA Members a 20% discount for its entire slate of films over the course of 11 days beginning June 22 thru July 2 at the TCL Chinese 6 Theaters in Hollywood. Tickets must be purchased at the theatre, on the day of screening, with a PGA membership card (2 people per card maximum).
PGA CODE: PGADWFLOVE26
The uniquely inspired DANCES WITH FILMS launched in 1998, answering the indie film community's call to recognize films that were actually independent. What started out as a handful of films 26 years ago, has grown into a bi-coastal platform, curating thousands of submissions each year and providing the coveted first stop for top discoveries. Known for its integrity in its selection process, dedication to diversity in programming, and its fun summer camp vibe for filmmakers, DWF:LA is the main event in Los Angeles and is one of the largest film festivals of its kind in the U.S. Branded early on by the media as "the defiant fest of raw talent," DANCES WITH FILMS continues to champion innovation, talent, creativity and the sweat equity that revolutionized the entertainment industry.
HOLLYWOOD CLIMATE SUMMIT
When: June 21 - June 24, 2023
Where: In-person in Los Angeles and online
PGA Member 25% Discount Code: PGA23
The Producers Guild of America is sponsoring the 4th annual Hollywood Climate Summit in Los Angeles and online. The Hollywood Climate Summit is an annual multi-day conference that creates a community space for thousands of cross-sector entertainment and media professionals to take action on climate. Don’t miss this next level programming with our main conference days (June 22nd & June 23rd) at the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences as well as our Opening Night Storytelling Reception, ECO BASH, and Earth Sessions. We’ll have panels, workshops, parties, music, comedy, and other activations. Featuring talent like Jane Fonda, the Daniels, Jonathan Wang, Nalleli Cobo, Genesis Butler, and more.
At the Hollywood Climate Summit: COMMUNITY CREATES CULTURE. We’ll see you there!
ATLANTA FILM FESTIVAL + CREATIVE CONFERENCE
When: April 20th - April 30th, 2023
Where: The Plaza Theater | Lefont Auditorium: 1049 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Atlanta, GA
PGA Member 20% Discount Code: PGA2023
The Atlanta Film Festival
, now in its sixth decade, is an Academy Award-qualifying festival and one of the region’s largest and longest-running preeminent celebrations of cinema in the Southeast United States. More than 28,000 festival attendees are expected to enjoy independent, animated, documentary, and short films selected from more than 9,000 submissions from 30 countries at the 2023 event.
The Producers Guild is proud to collaborate with the Atlanta Film Festival on the following panel held during the Creative Conference —
Changing the Climate: How to Weave Cultural, Social, and Environmental Narratives into Your Storytelling: A Conversation with Lydia Dean Pilcher
Where: The Plaza Theater | Lefont Auditorium: 1049 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Atlanta, GA
When: Friday, April 28 — 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. EDT
Lydia Dean Pilcher is a two time Emmy® winning, Oscar® nominated producer and founder of NYC production company Cine Mosaic. Focusing on global culture and multicultural storytelling, Pilcher has produced over 40 feature films for auteur directors including “Queen of Katwe,” “Cutie & The Boxer,” and “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.” Her director credits include WWII spy thriller, A CALL TO SPY, the climate narratives RADIUM GIRLS and the science fiction film, HOMING INSTINCT. She has been an ambassador for sustainability in entertainment for more than 15 years and is one of the founding members of the Producers Guild of America’s Green initiative. As a member of the Guild, she works with studios and streamers on GreenProductionGuide.com. Lydia also co-leads the WGA/PGA Climate Storytelling group and Co-Chairs the Directors Guild of America Sustainable Future Committee. Moderated by Producer, Director, Writer - Suzan Satterfield.
disguise Virtual Production Accelerator Program course
When: April 3, May 23 and June 20, 2023
Where: ROE Visual US, Inc, Los Angeles, CA
A top tier learning regimen taking you from novice to expert, the disguise Virtual Production Accelerator Program teaches you the fundamentals of storytelling, game engine basics and how to master virtual production. As the course progresses, your skill sets will level up to more advanced concepts, such as color management, data recording and VAD integration.
Eventbrite Code: PGAdisguise
Geffen Playhouse - Ava: The Secret Conversations
When: April 4 – May 7, 2023
Where: Gil Cates Theater at the Geffen Playhouse
“I either write the book or sell the jewels. I’m kinda sentimental about the jewels.” So says legendary Hollywood icon Ava Gardner (Elizabeth McGovern, Once Upon a Time in America, Downton Abbey) to her ghost writer Peter Evans as they begin work on her tell-all biography that will shock Tinseltown. But as Peter attempts to glean the juicy details about her life story, her marriages to Mickey Rooney, Artie Shaw, and Frank Sinatra, and her turbulent relationship to Howard Hughes, an altogether different and unexpected journey unfolds in this theatrical glimpse into the private life of Hollywood's original femme fatale.
The Micheaux Film Festival is a multi-cultural and BIPOC film festival that provides a platform for underrepresented creators. We aim to close the knowledge and resource gap between indie and industry, while paying homage to Oscar Micheaux's legacy. We are dedicated to amplifying the voices of talented creators from diverse backgrounds, and we believe that our platform is a great fit for many of your filmmakers. Our festival offers a unique opportunity to showcase your work to a receptive audience and to connect with other creatives from around the world. In recent years, we have had the honor of presenting awards to esteemed industry veterans like Robert Townsend (The Five Heartbeats), Brenda Gilbert (BRON Studios CEO), and Ernest Dickerson (Juice, X); and our alumni have gone on to achieve great success, including Emmy wins, CAA representation, and major studio deals.
The festival will be held in-person at Regal Cinemas at L.A. Live in downtown Los Angeles with a virtual/digital hybrid component.
Micheaux Film Festival is providing an exclusive discount for PGA members to submit projects through Film Freeway
to receive 30% off
your submission fee. Regular deadline is March 30, 2023.
CG Pro Virtual Production Course for Producers
As virtual production technology emerges as mainstream, producers need to learn the distinct practical and financial considerations involved in the new processes. CG Pro’s live online course taught by experienced producers will be a hands-on six-week intensive deep-dive, ending with an additional complementary stage visit and shoot day (in Los Angeles).
When: Six Week Course beginning on March 11th
Promo Code: PGA20OFF
Click here for direct checkout!
From April 11 to 16, 2023 – Cidade das Artes (RJ)
Rio2c promotes the audiovisual market with a 360 approach that includes a stage dedicated to the segment (screening room) with renowned professionals discussing relevant topics in the sector, business opportunities and networking (one-to-one meeting & Audiovisual Pitching Sessions) with the presence of national and international players. It also offers a series of initiatives focused on training and information for beginners and professionals already established on the market, through pre-events, co-production meetings, mentoring, creative sessions and online content.https://www.rio2c.com/en/
PGA 20% discount code:R2CPGAINDS20
Registration instructions: Please find here the step by step and additional info below.
We were in contact with the Sympla ticketing company and unfortunately it's not possible to include information from foreign people. So, we thought of the following solution:In the CPF/CNPJ field, please insert Rio2C's CNPJ (26.079.220/0001-46) and in the address field insert the data below:
ZIP/POSTAL CODE: 22793-080
AV./STREET: Av. das Américas
DISTRICT: Barra da Tijuca
CITY: RIO DE JANEIRO
And so that in the future we can identify which country our foreign customers come from, in the "COMPLEMENT" field, insert your country of origin.
Athena Film Festival
We are pleased to be partnering with the Athena Film Festival, which returns from March 2-5 at Barnard College in New York City for its thirteenth year of celebrating women and leadership!
The Athena Film Festival is a weekend of incredible films that tell extraordinary stories of fierce and fearless women leaders: women whose leadership has been questioned or dismissed, women who have risen up and spoken truth to power, women who empower their communities, or women who simply survive – these are the stories we want to see. These are Athena stories.
Tickets are now on sale, and we are thrilled to be able to offer our members a 20% discount on tickets! To get your discount, visit www.athenafilmfestival.com and use the code AFF23ORG at checkout.
The First Deep Breath
Written by Lee Edward Colston II | Directed by Steve H. Broadnax III
Pastor Albert Jones and his family are proud leaders of the Mother Bethel Baptist Church and pillars of their community. Plans are being made for a special memorial service to honor their late daughter Diane on the sixth anniversary of her passing. But when Abdul-Malik, the eldest son whom Albert blames for her death, returns home from prison, the family’s veneer begins to crack as shocking revelations come to light. A ferocious new epic written by Lee Edward Colston II, The First Deep Breath chronicles the depths families will go to hide their skeletons from the outside world and each other.
Discount Code: Producers Guild Members Ticket Offer: Save 20% off tickets and waived fee for all price levels and performances February 1 – March 5, 2023. Use code: PGABREATH
Purchase online here or by phone (310) 208-5454, 7 days a week 12 noon – 6:00 pm.