Free Training and Legal Services for a Safe, Harassment-free Production
- Apply for free on-set training, legal services and more for your indie production
- Access free resources for ensuring a safe, harassment-free workplace through the IPSI Content Library
IPSI Content Library
Services Available to Your Specific Individual Independent Production
We understand there are many responsibilities in production—from scheduling to locations to deadlines—that is why we have created this training as a succinct, easily digestible, no cost program, which addresses the roadblocks an independent production could have.
To Get Started
Download and Submit Your Project's Application for IPSI Services
Questions? Please check out the IPSI FAQ
Or contact email@example.com
Option One: Planning Meeting
Within 48 hours of applying, an IPSI representative from the PGA will contact you. If the PGA determines that your production is eligible for on-set training, the IPSI rep will set up a phone call to go over the following details:
- The best setting for your on-set training: this may be a Production Meeting, first day of production, or other time prior to the start of production (see On-Set Training below for more details).
- The audience for your training session: This may be all Department Heads, all crew, etc., depending on how you want to proceed. The PGA highly recommends that, at a minimum, the Producer, Director, and other production leadership attend the training.
- Your preferred date, time, and location for your set to receive training.
- How to access the IPSI Content Library on the PGA website.
- How to select a Code of Conduct that best suits your set.
- How to select two Responders for communication and reporting on set.
- Signing the PGA's release of liability.
- The name and contact information of your Attorney/Trainer.
Following this initial Planning Meeting, your assigned Attorney/Trainer will contact you. In your initial meeting/call with your Attorney/Trainer, you will go over the following details:
- Confirm the date, time, and location for your on-set training.
- Discuss any specific training requests for your set (e.g., scenarios that include filming intimate scenes, bullying, bystander intervention, etc.).
- Signing an engagement letter, if your on-set training will be delivered by an attorney.
- Logistical requests that the Attorney/Trainer has to deliver training (e.g., setting, projector, microphone, etc.).
Option Two: On-Set Training for Production Team, Cast and Crew
You will receive one hour of anti-harassment training that is specific to your set by an expert attorney or trainer., The training will be interactive and unique to help foster a culture of respect on your set.
In your initial Planning Meeting, you will determine the best audience, time, and setting for your training session. Please allow one hour for the training session. The PGA highly recommends that the Producer, Director, and other production leadership attend the training.
The session may include any or all of the following topics:
- Creating a culture of respect
- Your set's Code of Conduct
- Defining sexual harassment
- Defining protected classes and discrimination
- How to respond to harassment as a leader on set
- Bystander intervention
- How to report harassment
- Contacting your on-set Responders
- How to track complaints using the Incident Log
If your set has specific training needs beyond these topics, you may request that your Attorney/Trainer including those topics in the training. The one hour training will include time for questions and interactive discussion.
Option Three: Legal Advice (2 Hours with an Attorney Post Training)
The PGA will assign an expert Attorney to your production when you are accepted to IPSI. Upon completion of your on-set training session, you will receive up to two hours of free legal advice from your attorney! You may use this time to discuss any issues or concerns related to harassment, or otherwise, that arise during the course of production.
If your legal needs exceed two hours, your attorney will advise you of her/his rates for continued engagement.