PRODUCERS GUILD OF AMERICA ANNOUNCES HEADLINING SESSIONS AND NEW SPEAKERS FOR PRODUCED BY CONFERENCE JUNE 11-12 AT FOX STUDIO LOT IN LOS ANGELES
New Speaker Additions Include Peter Friedlander, DanTram Nguyen, Megan Colligan, Mark Resteghini, Devin Griffin, Barry Jossen, Mark Gill, Aaron Hart, Catherine Tait, Chris Thomes, Yvette Nicole Brown, and Many More
Press Credential Application is Now Open HERE
LOS ANGELES (May 24, 2022) – The Producers Guild of America (PGA) announced today the second round of speakers and sessions for the 13th annual Produced By Conference on Saturday, June 11 and Sunday, June 12 at the FOX Studio Lot in Century City.
Additional speakers have also been added to the line-up for the 13th annual Produced By Conference. In alphabetical order, the new additions are:
- Alison Brower (LA Bureau Chief, Insider)
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Always a Bridesmaid, Big Fib)
- Elle Roth-Brunet (Entertainment & Marketing Partnerships Lead, Google)
- Kesila Childers (Head of Development, Powderkeg)
- Steven B. Cohen (Industry Principal, Media & Entertainment - North America, HCL America)
- Megan Colligan (President, IMAX Entertainment and Executive Vice President, IMAX Corp)
- Jesse Collins (The New Edition Story, The Grammy Awards)
- Simon Crownshaw (Worldwide M&E Strategy Senior Director, Microsoft)
- Dante Di Loreto (P-Valley, The Mosquito Coast)
- Sabrina Ehlert (Producer, Writer and Director, Esmeralda)
- Stephen Feder (Producer, Counterculture / T-Street)
- Erica Fishman (Head of Production, Powderkeg)
- Ashley N. Flores (Producer and Writer, Esmeralda)
- Peter Friedlander (Head of Scripted Series, U.S. and Canada at Netflix)
- Mark Gill (Producer, Olympus Has Fallen, Hitman’s Bodyguard)
- Amy Gravitt (Executive Vice President, HBO Programming)
- Devin Griffin (EVP & General Manager of BET+)
- Aaron Hart (Head of TV/Film, Wondery)
- Melody Hildebrandt (President, Blockchain Creative Labs)
- Barry Jossen (President, Head of A+E Studios)
- Mike Larocca (Co-Founder, Vice Chairman, Producer, AGBO)
- Jordana Mollick (President, SemiFormal Productions)
- DanTram Nguyen (EVP, Head of Film Production & Development at Searchlight Pictures)
- Arnold Pinnock (EP on the CBC/BET+ original series The Porter, Actor)
- Mark Resteghini (Head of Development, Amazon Studios)
- Rabia Sultana (Producer and Co-Director, Haider, Texas)
- Catherine Tait (President & CEO, CBC/Radio-Canada)
- Chris Thomes (Vice President, Creative Services & Strategy, Disney Television Studios)
- Nikola Todorovic (Co-founder & CEO at Wonder Dynamics)
- Diana Williams (Co-founder & CEO, Kinetic Energy Entertainment)
- Tonya Williams (Founder & Executive Director, Access Reelworld)
- David W. Zucker (CCO, Scott Free TV)
Produced By 2022 includes a broad range of programming, from mentoring roundtables to workshops and networking events. Newly announced headlining sessions include (see full schedule here):
- A Conversation With Charles D. King
- A Conversation With Dan Lin
- A Conversation With Seth MacFarlane & Erica Huggins (Fuzzy Door): Seth MacFarlane and Erica Huggins are a real dynamic duo in the ever-expanding entertainment culture. Together, they run Fuzzy Door, one of the industry’s leading production powerhouses that produces some of today’s most popular content in film, television, and music. This panel will give an inside look as to how they determine which projects to bring to fruition, as well as their camaraderie as producing partners – something too often overlooked and one of the keys for success for budding producers. Learn, laugh, and leave with a plan.
- A Conversation With Viola Davis and Julius Tennon: The Guild welcomes the powerhouse duo behind JuVee Productions—Viola Davis and Julius Tennon. This artist driven LA based production company develops and produces film, theater, TV and digital content. Hear their vision for the future of JuVee, an independent platform for underrepresented artists and diverse talent.
- Web3 and The Future Of New Content Models: From the birth of sound and the introduction of color to our current digital age, Hollywood has always been driven by technology. As the industry grapples with blockchain, NFTs, and more, come hear the experts explain what this ever-expanding frontier means for the financing, development and distribution of content.
- Meet The Buyers: Whether you’re producing comedy, drama or nonfiction, there is a wide range of options when it comes to where you can pitch and sell your ideas. Come meet the important buyers who consider your projects from every angle. Find out what the buyers are looking for, and what’s on their radar, and hear their insights about the future of producing.
- IP IQ: More platforms mean more possibilities. At least that’s how producers view the overflowing media landscape which is changing the way film and TV projects are born. Nowadays, stories can come from a Tik-Tok video, an Instagram post, a podcast, and yes, even a viral Tweetstorm. Attendees at this session will leave with an understanding of the exciting future of IP development delivered by an expert panel of insiders.
- Creative Producers from A to Z: Whenever someone asks to describe “What does a Creative Producer do?”, the response should be this: “How much time do you have?” The two-word title – Creative Producer - only partially captures what these people do day-to-day. A creative producer is constantly searching for material, but also must be an avid researcher, a tireless advocate, a loyal partner, a patient therapist, a wily troubleshooter, and everything else that comes up from pitch to post. As the demand for content increases exponentially, the non-writing creative producer is vital to the success of any given show.
- Long Story Short Film sponsored by Google
- How To Climb The Production Ladder Sponsored by Cast & Crew: Production can sometimes feel like the Wild West. The sheer number of related and available jobs can be overwhelming— and it’s not always clear how to effectively climb the career ladder. Our panel discussion will help demystify the process of evolving your career. With experiential advice from seasoned pros who will detail their own unique trajectories and offer lessons to the next generation of producers: what to learn, and how to open doors and attract possibilities. Start by listening to what these seasoned veterans have to say.
- Sounds Like Success Sponsored by Cinema Audio Society & Motion Picture Sound Editors: The labored breathing of an intergalactic villain. An alien's glowing finger. The mechanical assembly of a superhero's suit. Recalling these unforgettable sounds takes your mind to memorable moments in iconic films. This diverse panel of award-winning sound professionals will elaborate on why it's never too early to engage your sound team, and why doing so can pay significant dividends. When it comes to sound, these are the artists worth listening to.
- The Radical New Workflow: Movielabs 2030 and the Evolution of Creative Production Sponsored by HCL America: Production disciplines live on completely isolated technical islands, all with different tools and languages that don’t always play well together. Now, imagine a world where they did—one where repetitive and menial tasks could be replaced with more time, more flexibility, and better creative. Join this panel of industry leaders as they discuss the evolution of the production workflow and the tenants of Movielabs 2030’s bold, 10-year vision for the adoption of new technologies to aid in content production, post productions and VFX.
- CBC and BET+ Break New Ground Sponsored by CBC/Radio-Canada: Every hit show uses a slightly different recipe for success. For The Porter, a groundbreaking new series, it was a creative collaboration between CBC and BET+ that developed this original story. It took the creative people from CBC and BET+ to take the compelling source material and seamlessly translate it onto the screen. Learn how this project came to be from the people who made it happen. This panel will inspire you to go out and make the next breakthrough series and remind you of the importance of looking for meaningful partners along the way.
- Artificial Intelligence Demystified Sponsored by Microsoft and NVIDIA: Join this session with Wonder Dynamics, NVIDIA, and Microsoft to learn how AI is transforming film production pipelines – from dramatically increasing productivity and lowering costs, to increasing creative options and accelerating content monetization. Panelists will decode the mysteries of neural networks and examine how this technology is enabling all new ways of creating and distributing content.
- Producing For Every Fandom Sponsored by IMAX: Learn how to create the perfect custom fan experience— from start to finish for the fans of your content.
- Virtual Production for Independent Filmmakers Sponsored by DNEG: Virtual Production offers filmmakers and content creators access to a range of real-time production services. But how does it work in practice? Join our panel of experts as they shed light on Virtual Production and discuss a variety of topics from budgeting, crewing, and scheduling, to creative methodologies, content production and more. The panelists will address common (and more obscure) questions, and ultimately give you the knowledge you need to confidently embrace the benefits of Virtual Production for your next project.
*Additional Sessions to be Announced
New confirmed Mentors are:
- Amy B. Harris (Showrunner and Executive Producer, The Wilds, The Carrie Diaries)
- Tony Hernandez (Producer, 30 Ninjas)
- David Kanter (The End of the Tour, Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams)
- Dete Meserve (Partner, Wind Dancer Films)
- Kelly Mendelsohn (Executive Vice President, Production at Revelations Entertainment)
PGA’s Produced By Conference is a networking event and educational forum that reaches across film, television and new media to ignite conversation and action around the most pressing issues facing the industry and how producers are shaping the future of the industry. Produced By’s long-standing session, Pitch Perfect, is back this year providing a platform for selected attendees to pitch projects to experienced producers and executives who will provide feedback. Registration for Produced By 2022 is available now at ProducedByConference.com.
Previously announced panelists are noted below in alphabetical order. Additional speakers may be announced.
- Stephanie Allain (Owner, Homegrown Pictures)
- Aml Ameen (EP on the CBC/BET+ original series The Porter, Actor)
- Trevor Baker (Producer - Twilight Zone, Outer Range, Castle Rock)
- Amanda Beggs, CAS (Lady Bird, Finding Ohana)
- Betsy Beers (Creative Partner, Shondaland)
- Xavier Bernasconi (VFX Supervisor, Double Negative)
- Rick Champagne (Global Media & Entertainment Industry Strategy and Marketing, NVIDIA)
- Viola Davis (CEO, JuVee Productions)
- Mike Farah (CEO, Funny or Die)
- Marsha Greene (Showrunner, Creator, EP on CBC/BET+ The Porter)
- Erica Huggins (President, Fuzzy Door)
- Steve Jelley (Co-CEO, Dimension Studio)
- Valerie Johnson-Redrow (Producer, Monolith Studios)
- Jennifer Kawaja (President & EP of Scripted English Content, Sphere Media Company)
- Mark Kimsey (Co-CEO, Electromagnetic Productions)
- Charles D. King (Founder & CEO, MACRO)
- Seth MacFarlane (Founder & CEO, Fuzzy Door)
- Michael Minkler, CAS (Black Hawk Down, Chicago)
- Karen Baker Landers, MPSE (Supervising Sound Editor, Skyfall, Bourne Ultimatum)
- Dan Lin (Founder & CEO, Rideback)
- Jason Richman (Co-Head of Media Rights, UTA)
- Curt Sobel, MPSE (Ray, Ghostbusters: Afterlife)
- Joel Sloss (Technical Adviser, Bobbleheads: The Movie)
- Christina Lee Storm (Director of Digital Production, Netflix)
- Julius Tennon (President, JuVee Productions)
- Philipp Wolf (Executive-in-Charge, Corporate Strategy at DNEG)
- Fred Berger (President, Automatik)
- Deniese Davis (CEO, Reform Media Group)
- Mike Farah (CEO, FunnyOrDie)
- Gary Goetzman (Producer, Playtone)
- James Lopez (President & Producer, MACRO)
- Jonathan Wang (Everything Everywhere All At Once, Swiss Army Man)
*The above speakers are subject to change.
The 2022 Produced By Conference is co-chaired by a prominent group of producer Betsy Beers, Creative Partner, Shondaland; Mike Farah, CEO, FunnyorDie; and Charles D. King, Founder & CEO, MACRO.
In addition to host sponsor FOX Studio Lot, conference sponsors to-date include: A+E Studios; Astek; Batch & Bottle; BEN Group Inc.; CBC/Canada-Radio; Cast & Crew; Cinema Audio Society; Coca-Cola; Delta, the Official Airline Partner; DNEG; Don Francisco’s Coffee; Film in Georgia; First Entertainment Credit Union; GreenSlate; HCL America; Heineken; The Hollywood Commission; Honolulu Film Office; IMAX; Josh Wines; Justin’s; Microsoft Azure; Motion Picture Sound Editors; National Geographic Documentary Films; NVIDIA; Produce Iowa; Siggi’s; and Sunset Studios.
The Produced By Conference 2022 team is Supervising Producer, Branden Chapman; Program Directors, Matt Ullian and Jane Sarkin (Boldface Partners); Sponsorship Director, Diane Salerno (Six Degrees Global); and Marketing Consultant, Julie Giles (greenHAT digital); and the PGA’s PR agency of record, Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis.
To receive news and the latest programming updates for Produced By Conference 2022, please visit the Guild’s official website and follow its social media channels for the event:
ABOUT THE PRODUCERS GUILD OF AMERICA (PGA)
The Producers Guild of America is a nonprofit trade group that represents and promotes the interests of all members of the producing team in film, television and new media. The Producers Guild has more than 8,000 members who work together to protect and improve their careers, the industry and community by providing members with employment opportunities, seeking to expand health benefits, promoting fair and impartial standards for the awarding of producing credits, as well as other education and advocacy efforts such as encouraging sustainable production practices. For more information and the latest updates, please visit the Producers Guild of America website and follow on social media.
Matthew Lawrence, Alexandra Anderson, Pipere Boggio
Sunshine Sachs Morgan & Lylis
Six Degrees Global
TO REQUEST MEDIA CREDENTIALS:
All media interested in covering the 2022 Produced By Conference will need to submit a Press Credential Application. While credentials are not guaranteed due to space limitations, PBC will do its best to grant them to as many outlets as possible. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.