PGA Create was launched in Fall 2021 with the lead sponsorship support of Google. PGA Create is a lab for emerging and mid-career creative producers in active development, financing or packaging of a feature or series. There are two program cycles: Scripted and Documentary.
Participants will have opportunities to hone their project pitches, attend master classes with experienced producers and build their network of fellow producers. Each PGA Create Fellow receives:
- An invitation to either the four-day Scripted or Documentary Cycle of the program
- An opportunity to present to invited industry audience
- A Producing mentor
- An invitation to the joint PGA Create Forum (for all scripted and documentary Fellows) held during PGA’s annual Produced By Conference in June
- Invitations to special programming and career sustainability modules
The Documentary application cycle is open until Wednesday, June 14. Application here.
Program dates: Monday, August 21 – Thursday, August 24, 2023.
Spring 2022 Documentary Cycle
- Jameka Autry, Producer and Angela Tucker, Director/Producer, The Inquisitor
- Paige Bethmann, Producer/Director and Jessica Epstein, Producer, Remaining Native
- Tracy Chitupatham, Producer and Anh Phan, Producer, New Wave
- Christine Delp, Producer, Querida
- Nadia Gill, Producer and Nevo Shinaar, Producer, Messengers
- Kristina Goolsby, Producer and Maeve Kerigan, Producer, Untitled “Misstress Formika” Documentary
- Juliana Schatz, Director & Producer and Tanja Tawadjoh, Producer, Providencia
- Nicole Teeny, Producer and Mariel Sarkis, Producer, Dear Friend: The Sarah Hegazi Documentary
- Mars Verrone, Producer and Samantha Curley, Producer, Untitled Labor Union Documentary
- John Lopez, Producer, Scam Dunk
- Garland McLaurin, Producer and Mike Brown, Producer, Black Minds Matter
Inaugural Fall 2021 Scripted Cycle
Fellows participated in four days of intensive sessions, masterclasses and roundtables designed to help them move their series and features to the next stage. These sessions offered pragmatic and practical advice around pitching, working with partners, securing and managing financing, accessing VFX and post-production needs, and much more.
- Ashley Flores, Writer/Producer and Sabrina Ehlert, Producer, Madrigal 10
- Beverley Gordon, Producer, Experience
- Nasir Kenneth Ferebee and Quan Lateef-Hill, Producers, Give The Drummer Some
- Gia Rigoli, Producer, The Weight Of Land
- Sav Rodgers, Writer/Producer and Alex Schmider, Producer, I Love You, Margot Robbie
- Rabia Sultana, Producer, Mala Sangre
- Ken Arquelio and Juan Pablo Arias Muñoz, Writer/Creators/EP, Desert Rats
- Rashad Chambers, Writer/Creator/EP, Outliers
- Marissa Diaz, EP/Creator, The Real And Magical Diaries Of Luna Icaza
- Elisha Miranda, Writer/Producer and Audrey Seda, Producer, The Chronicles Of Eva
Notable Advisors, Mentors and Speakers from the industry participated in the first annual PGA Create lab, including: Stephanie Allain (Homegrown Pictures); Corrine Aquino (Artists First); Anne Carey (Archer Gray); Elsie Choi (Rideback); DMA (Planet DMA); Mike Farah (Funny or Die); Lizzie Friedman (Priority Pictures); Donna Gigliotti (Hidden Figures); Sarah Green (Brace Cove Productions); David Hinojosa (2AM); Mel Jones (Really Love); Courtney A. Kemp (End of Episode); Alyssa Lanz (United Talent Agency); Tonya Lewis Lee (She’s Gotta Have It); Dan Lin (Rideback); Melvin Mar (The Detective Agency); Lori McCreary (Madam Secretary); Maurício Mota (Wise Entertainment); Ravi Nandan (A24); Benjamin Odell (3Pas); Tommy Oliver (ConfluentialFilms); Theresa Page (Ley Line Entertainment); Tara Roy (STARZ); Robert Salerno (ArtinaFilms); Peter Saraf (Nuclear Family); Shrihari Sathe (DIALECTIC); Gene Stein (Narcos); Mary Jane Skalski (American Animals); Shelby Stone (ID8 Multimedia); Gregory Trattner (Film Finances); Pam Veasey (Long Slow Exhale); Shana Waterman (One Race TV); and Philipp Wolf (DNEG).
PGA Create was developed through the PGA One Guild initiative, which supports inclusive membership, employment, content, and authentic depictions. Spearheading One Guild are Chairs Tonya Lewis Lee and Lori McCreary. The PGA Create program is a reimagining of the longstanding Power of Diversity Master Workshop, which concluded its 18th edition in 2020.
For additional information on PGA Create, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org