Resources for Producers: Recycling OptionsJuly 15, 2021
Don't forget when recycling your screeners...
Some discs may be watermarked to you. We recommend that you make the disc unreadable before recycling by taking a pair of scissors and cutting the disc in one location from the outside to the center hole.
- TerraCycle - Media Storage Zero Waste Pouch-- Mail only and you must order one of their pouches.
PGA Members receive a 20% Discount. For the promo code, log into: My PGA (Exclusive Discounts section / Recycling and Sustainability).
- CD Recycling Center -- Currently closed because of Covid but hopefully they’ll re-open soon. This one is free (except for postage) and you can ship it yourself vs. ordering a box from them.
- Back Thru the Future -- Currently closed because of Covid. Also free (except for postage) and you can ship it yourself vs. ordering a box from them.
- Homeboy Recycling -- You can drop off (Commerce, CA) or they sometimes host community drives that may offer closer drop off points. They also have a mail in service (cost involved).
- GreenDisk – You can ship yourself but there is a $14.95 cost for anything up to 25 lbs.
For your PPE Recycling Needs:
PGA Members receive a 20% Discount. For the promo code, log into: My PGA (Exclusive Discounts section / Recycling and Sustainability). This program is specifically relevant for PPE waste generated on set such as disposable masks and gloves, and also includes recycling containers for lighting, small batteries and electronics. This program is a great way to increase recycling and enhance sustainability throughout production. Their EasyPak containers will arrive approximately one week later, complete with instructions and a pre-paid UPS label to TerraCycle for recycling. The price of each container includes shipping, recycling, and a certificate of recycling that can be accessed online after the full containers are returned to TerraCycle.